- Family, Women, Men, Young Adult
- Arts & Culture, Culture, Economics / Marketing, Education / Training, Entertainment / Light, History, Human Stories, Science & Technology
- Archives, Arts, Business, Culture, Europe, Interviews, Jazz, Music, Music-hall, Personality, Tradition, Urban, Youth, Art & Crafts
- Available versions
- Already broadcasted by
- Stylia, MUSEEC / Medici TV
Saxo Folies - Selmer
A 26' documentary directed in 2012 by Boris Ehrgott
More than 4,000 fans flocked to Marciac to cheer the last living legend of the saxophone.
What would Sonny Rollins be without his "Selmer"? He speaks of “her” like it was a woman, his confidante and inspiration.
We must say that this brand of instruments, founded in 1885, shapes the history of jazz.
It is primarily in military bands, where he began his career as a clarinetist, where all the knowledge of luthier Henri Selmer is distributed. And then in the United States. Good example of French expertise: the 807 parts that a saxophone has, are made a few miles from Paris.
With nearly 22,000 instruments produced per year, most of it them exported around the world, Selmer’s name resounds in the largest concert halls in the world.
All other titles in the series Craftsmen of the Exception
- Elke Berr - Dream Stones  26'
- George Cannon - The Sense of Tea  26'
- Houbigant - Kings’ Perfumer  26'
- Jean-Paul Favand - The Merry-Go-Round Master  26'
- Jean-Paul Gallorini - The Blood of the Champions  26'
- Laguiole, the Spirit of a Knife  26'
- Mellerio - The Queens’ Jeweller  26'
- Mirecourt - Violin Folies  26'
- Piero Fornasetti - Designer  26'
- Pinel & Pinel - Trunks’ Delight  26'
- The country of the Unicorn - Aubusson Tapestries  26'
- Travel Beyond the Senses  26'
- Trudon - Wax Heart  26'
- In the series "Craftsmen of the Exception" Trudon - Wax Heart  26'
- series Craftsmen of the Exception  14 X 26'
Other titles in the "Docs" catalogue