- Women, Family, Men
- Arts & Culture, Culture, Economics / Marketing, Education / Training, Entertainment / Light, History, Human Stories, Life Style, Science & Technology
- Art & Crafts, Arts, Cities, Classical, Crafts, Culture, Economy, Europe, Food, France, History, How to, Interviews, Jobs, Luxury, Paris, Trade, Tradition, Music
- Available versions
- Already broadcasted by
- Stylia, MUSEEC / Medici TV
Mirecourt - Violin Folies
A 26' documentary directed in 2012 by Boris Ehrgott
Producing a violin starts by choosing the wood in the forest.
These majestic ancient spruce trees give the measure of time and passion needed to make a lute.
Inspired by the perfection of violin models in Cremona, the talent and patience of luthiers and bow makers has changed very little.
Immersion in Mirecourt, the capital of the French violin making, where the souls of its inhabitants marry the souls of their violins.
The greatest soloists in the world gravitate around this small town in the Jura, which feeds the fantasies of even the most inventive violinists such as jazzman Didier Lockwood.
All other titles in the series Craftsmen of the Exception
- Elke Berr - Dream Stones  26'
- George Cannon - The Sense of Tea  26'
- Houbigant - Kings’ Perfumer  26'
- Jean-Paul Favand - The Merry-Go-Round Master  26'
- Jean-Paul Gallorini - The Blood of the Champions  26'
- Laguiole, the Spirit of a Knife  26'
- Mellerio - The Queens’ Jeweller  26'
- Piero Fornasetti - Designer  26'
- Pinel & Pinel - Trunks’ Delight  26'
- Saxo Folies - Selmer  26'
- The country of the Unicorn - Aubusson Tapestries  26'
- Travel Beyond the Senses  26'
- Trudon - Wax Heart  26'
- In the series "Craftsmen of the Exception" Laguiole, the Spirit of a Knife  26'
- In the series "Craftsmen of the Exception" Pinel & Pinel - Trunks’ Delight  26'
Other titles in the "Docs" catalogue
- In the Name of Law - A History of French Gendarmerie  53'
- Brüder Brothers  50'