- Young Adult, Family
- Current Affairs, Discovery / Travel, Environmental Issues, Education / Training, Human Stories, Politics
- Americas, Boat, Business, Crazy, Current Aff, Disaster, Discovery, Ecology, Education, Extrem, Facts, Fashion, Geography, Interviews, Luxury, Nature, Ocean, Politics, Travel, Water
- Available versions
- French, English, Greek
- Already broadcasted by
- France 3, SPI Media International B.V, TVI - Televisão Independente, TerraTerra Communications Inc (Planète +), PLD PLUS S.A., STR - NC TV
A 52' documentary directed in 2010 by Hervé Nicolas
The emergence of the tourism in Antarctica is the theme of this movie. The strong expansion of the tourism towards Antarctica is 500 % these last five years to exceed in 2009 the threshold of 40.000 tourists with the more and more frequent use of ships with strong capacity embarking more than 800 passengers.
What will be tomorrow its impact on this so fragile environment?
This movie will help to better understand the fragility of this continent, its role in the balance of our planet and the fantasy which urges tens of thousands tourists to make a trip in Antarctica in the same way as they are doing a safari photo in Kenya.
Other titles in "Environment"
- Garbage land - Dream Islands  6'
- In the series "The Ecological Battles" War for Water - Big Dam  52’
Other titles in the "Docs" catalogue