- Family, Adult, Men, Women, Young Adult, Youth
- Discovery / Travel, Education / Training, Ethnology / Civilisation, History, Life Style, Sport, Wild Life
- Adventure, Animals, Contemporary, Culture, Daily life, Ecology, Ethnology, Farm pets, Food, Forest, Games, Geography, History, Hobbies, Horses, Hunting, Mountain, Nature, Ocean, Oceania, Personality, Pets, Philosophy, River, Rural, Social, Sports, Trade, Tradition, Travel, Vegetals, Water, Wild anim., Wild Life, Islands
- Available versions
- Already broadcasted by
- France O Nouvelle Calédonie
The Island of Centaurs
A 52' documentary directed in 2008 by Guy Germez
The New Caledonia has a horse for each inhabitant, one of the highest rates in the world. Although more than a means of transportation for the Kanak horse is a symbol, the essence of his identity, spirit Kanaks.
The island, divided in two by a mountain range, has two coasts subject to very different weather system: The east coast, with high rainfall, is tropical. The west coast is much drier. This is the realm of cattle and equine. Great Plains stretching it out of sight reminiscent of the American West. The game abounds: deer, wild pigs ... and of course, the "Stockmen" cowboys Kanaks.
- In the series "Birds and Men" The Final Summer of the Moscow's Great Grebe  56’
- Caravan Xang - Long March of the Elephant  52'
Other titles in the "Docs" catalogue