- Children, Youth, Young Adult, Family, Adult, Men, Women
- Culture, Science & Technology, Daily Life, Discovery / Travel, Education / Training, Environmental Issues, Ethnology / Civilisation, Human Stories, Wild Life
- Adventure, Animals, Asia, Culture, Daily life, Discovery, Ecology, Education, Ethnology, Food, Fishing, Forest, Hunting, Islands, Nature, Photography, Portrait, River, Rural, Science, Tradition, Travel, Vegetals, Water, Wild anim., Wild Life, Youth, Dance
- Available versions
- French, English, German
- Already broadcasted by
- GA&A Productions s.r.l., Irib Media Trade, TV3 de Catalunya, TV5 Québec Canada - UNIS, STR - NC TV
Vanen - Plumes from Paradise
A 52' documentary directed in 2008 by Loïc Degen, Miguel A Garcia
Vanen, Plumes from Paradise is a dual portrait of the vanen, the Greater Bird-of-Paradise, and photographer Loïc Degen. This film recounts his quest and his sixth expedition in the Aru jungle, in the extreme south-eastern corner of Indonesia, along with seven friends from Wakua, a tiny village in the Archipelago.
Loïc has become one with the villagers. They confide in him and share secrets. Enough to nourish indefinitely the quest of a 34 year old man who still knows how to let himself be overwhelmed by the beauty, the subtlety and poetry of the creatures and the things that surround him.
Festivals : - Festival du Film Ornithologique de Ménigoute 2008- Nyon 2009
Awards : - Prix du public lors du Mois du film documentaire 2014 du Muséum d'histoire naturelle de Genève- Best Pedagogical Documentary, Grand Prix 2008 (Joint 2nd prize) at the Ornithological Festival of Ménigoute France
- Pointers  52'
- In the series "Birds and Men" The Final Summer of the Moscow's Great Grebe  56’
Other titles in the "Docs" catalogue